Join us for our first Haiku Festival, a juried competition for people of all ages to submit their haiku poems to compete in the following categories:
- Heritage Award: most poignant portrayal of the history or some other aspect of the Mukai Farm & Garden
- People’s Choice: most popular haiku
- Funny Bone Award: most humorous haiku
- The Young Poet Awards: top haiku from children (grades K-6) and young adult (grades 7-12)
- Other categories that may occur to the jurors
Haiku is a poem of three lines, with the pattern of 5-7-5 sounds, or syllables. Matsuo Basho, Japan’s most famous poet described haiku as, “Simply what is happening in this place at this moment.”
Entry deadline: April 30th, 2020
Judging: May 1st – May 9th, 2020
Winner Announcement: May 10th, 2020
According to context rules, all entries must follow the haiku convention of 17 syllables (5-7-5). Please use the entry form below.
For more info and entries, click HERE!